Treatment Centre Update to COVID19 Policy
At SafeHaven, we take the health and safety of all of our clients, as well as ourselves very seriously. We have taken careful consideration of the government guidelines regarding COVID-19 as well as the advice of our professional bodies. Please read the policy so that you understand the measures we have put in place to protect you and so that you understand what to do should you or anyone you are in close contact with develops symptoms of the virus.
- Attending Clinic
- Before coming back for your first appointment, please ensure you are free of all COVID19 symptoms and no person with whom you have social contact with has any signs or symptoms.
- On arrival everyone will have their temperature checked through the use of a non-contact forehead thermometer. If this is amber or red, we will ask you to return home.
Additional measures for body therapies (acupuncture and craniosacral therapy)
- You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions. They will be asked before every appointment as the spread of Covid-19 is an ongoing risk.
- You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 consent form showing that you understand the risk around disease transmission and having treatment.
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- If you develop any of the NHS identified main symptoms, please do not attend your appointment and follow government guidelines on self-isolation and test and trace
- NHS main symptoms are: a high temperature; a new continuous cough; loss of change to sense of smell or taste.
- If you develop symptoms 48 hours after your appointment, please let us know immediately so that we can follow government guidelines to self-isolate and if necessary, inform others we may have been in contact with.
- Hand hygiene
- Please use hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the centre
- Waiting room
- Our aim is for the waiting room not to be in use, however should it be necessary for to spend a short amount of time in the waiting room, seating is 2 metres apart and the areas will be cleaned regularly.
- Toilets and refreshments
- The toilets will be open for use, however, as it is source of possible infection, we ask that you only use them if you feel you cannot wait until you get home. Please let us know if you have used them so that it can be cleaned.
- We would ask that you bring your own drink to minimise the risk of cross contamination.
- Your appointment
- Please let us know when you arrive for your appointment and wait outside so that we can let you in. Social distancing of 2 meters will be in place through the centre.
- Your psychotherapy appointment will take place with seats at 2 metres social distancing.
- Your acupuncture and craniosacral therapy appointments will also have 2 metre social distancing and when that is not possible, e.g. when the needles are being inserted, then appropriate PPE will be worn by both the practitioner and by you. Guidance on how to put on and dispose of PPE will be given by your practitioner.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping us reduce risk of COVID19 infection here at SafeHaven.